6700 General Beale Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93307
The Big Red Barn is located at the foot of the Tehachapi Mountains, right off the 58.
The Big Red Barn
8:00am - 8:00pm
Gas Pumps open
Family Farm Fanatic Tip:
These hours change seasonally!
Check in to stay up to date!
The home of the Cal-Okie Kitchen, where you can try Murray Family Farms' famous Okie Pie, Savory AND Sweet! Wow!
The primary source for events like Christmas on the Farm, and October Fun-fest
Organic U-pick with Tractor Tours on weekends.
- Many of the flowers around the farm were planted by Mrs. Murray herself. Her favorite flowers are the Mello Yello roses that line the length of the Big Red Barn (BRB). They're always there to wish you a hello and goodbye when you visit the farm!
- The palm trees near the BRB are over 100 years old, transplanted from the old Bakersfield sign! It took one of the worlds largest cranes to move them all the way down the 58.
- Auntie Annabelle's Animal Garden is named after Mr. Murray's mother.
- The Big Boo and Baby Boo slides are named after a bear Mr and Mrs. Murray found asleep surrounded by half eaten pluots. Drought conditions cause the bears living in the mountains to visit the farm in search of food.
- The Big Red Barn has a drive through! While it isn't in operation now, one day you may be able to pick up your produce without getting out of your car. Now that's a fill-up!
- The Hills and Slides around Murray Family Farms are made completely of dirt shaken off of carrots after they are picked.